The Internship Program serves hundreds of high school and college students, like you, each year as part of the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development’s Ladders for Leaders Program. Students complete a 6-week paid summer internship while receiving training, mentoring, as well as the opportunity to build their résumé and explore new careers and industries. Read about some of our interns here.
- High school and college students between the ages of 16 and 22
- Residents of NYC
- Prior work or volunteer experience
- Cumulative GPA of 80 or 3.0+
- Students must complete 3 consecutive days of training
- Training is anticipated to take place 2/18-2/20; 4/9-4/12, 5/27-5/29 (9am to 5pm all days)
- Students must provide all required documents before training
- Internships typically take place between June 29th and August 21st, 2020 (usually at least 25 hours per week)
Download the Ladders for Leaders 2020 Ladders Document Checklist.
The sooner you apply, the more likely you will be matched with an internship!
Please note that the deadline for applications is February 7th. Additionally, Ladders for Leaders students are now required to provide proof of income.
Choose PENCIL as your internship provider.