The Internship Program serves hundreds of high school and college students, like you, each year as part of the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development’s Ladders for Leaders Program. Students receive real-world experience while exploring career options, as well as training, mentoring, the opportunity to build their résumé, and earn money toward their future. Read about some of our interns here.
- High-achieving high school and college students between the ages of 16 and 22
- Residents of NYC
- Prior work or volunteer experience
- Cumulative GPA of 80 or 3.0+
- Available to work at least 25 hours per week during July and August 2019
- Paid 6-week internship at leading New York City company, nonprofit, or government agency
- Mentoring from a supervisor
- Opportunity to build your résumé and get real-world experience while exploring new industries and career options
- Meet other goal-oriented students
Download the Ladders for Leaders 2019 Ladders Document Checklist.
The sooner you apply, the more likely you will be matched with an internship!
Please note that the deadline for applications has been extended through March 1, 2019. Applications will now close on March 1, 2019, after which no more candidates will be considered.
KEY PROGRAM DATES
March 1: Ladders for Leaders application closes
April 1: Final day to submit required documentation. Students MUST submit their required documents to receive an invitation to training.
2019 INTERNSHIP TRAINING SESSION SCHEDULE:
Internship Training 1: April 22, 23, and 26
Internship Training 2: April 23, 24, and 26
Internship Training 3: May 22, 23, and 24
Internship Training 4: May 28, 29, and 30
Choose PENCIL as your internship provider.