The Internship Program serves hundreds of high school and college students, like you, each year as part of the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development’s Ladders for Leaders Program. Students receive real-world experience while exploring career options, as well as training, mentoring, the opportunity to build their résumé, and earn money toward their future.
- High-achieving high school and college students between the ages of 16 and 22
- Residents of NYC
- Prior work or volunteer experience
- Cumulative GPA of 80 or 3.0+
- Available to work at least 25 hours per week during July and August 2018
- Paid 6-week internship at leading New York City company, nonprofit, or government agency
- Mentoring from a supervisor
- Opportunity to build your résumé and get real-world experience while exploring new industries and career options
- Meet other goal-oriented students
The 2018 Ladders for Leaders Program application is now closed.
Applications opened on December 4, 2017, and were accepted on a rolling basis.
March 16, 2018, was the final deadline to apply.
The sooner you applied the more likely you were to be matched with an internship!
KEY PROGRAM DATES
- DECEMBER 4, 2017: Application Opened
- 2018 Training Dates:
February 20, 21, 22 March 13, 14, 15
- April 3, 4, 5
- May 30, 31 and June 1
- MARCH 16, 2018: Application Deadline, Final Date to Apply
- JULY 5, 2018: First Day of Internships
- AUGUST 17, 2018: Last Day of Internships
Choose PENCIL as your internship provider.