The Internship Program serves hundreds of high school and college students, like you, each year as part of the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development’s Ladders for Leaders Program. Students receive real-world experience while exploring career options, as well as training, mentoring, the opportunity to build their résumé, and earn money toward their future.
- High-achieving high school and college students between the ages of 16 and 22
- Residents of NYC
- Prior work or volunteer experience
- Cumulative GPA of 80 or 3.0+
- Available to work at least 25 hours per week during July and August 2018
- Paid 6-week internship at leading New York City company, nonprofit, or government agency
- Mentoring from a supervisor
- Opportunity to build your résumé and get real-world experience while exploring new industries and career options
- Meet other goal-oriented students
Applications open on December 4, 2017, and will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The sooner you apply the more likely you are to be matched with an internship!
Open Office Hours:
We will be here to answer your questions and assist with completing your application. We are located at 30 West 26th Street, 5th Floor. No appointments are necessary!
December 7, 15, 21 and 29: Open 2:00pm – 5:00pm
KEY PROGRAM DATES
- DECEMBER 4, 2017: Application Opens
- Training Dates:
- February 20, 21, 22
- March 13, 14, 15
- April 3, 4, 5
- May 30, 31 and June 1
- MARCH 16, 2018: Application Deadline, Final Date to Apply
- JULY 2, 2018: First Day of Internships
- AUGUST 17, 2018: Last Day of Internships
Choose PENCIL as your internship provider