The Internship Program serves hundreds of high school and college students, like you, each year as part of the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development’s Ladders for Leaders Program. Students receive real-world experience while exploring career options, as well as training, mentoring, the opportunity to build their résumé, and earn money toward their future.
- High-achieving high school and college students between the ages of 16 and 22
- Residents of NYC
- Prior work or volunteer experience
- Cumulative GPA of 80 or 3.0+
- Available to work at least 25 hours per week during July and August 2017
- Paid 6-week internship at leading New York City company, nonprofit, or government agency
- Mentoring from a supervisor
- Opportunity to build your résumé and get real-world experience while exploring new industries and career options
- Meet other goal-oriented students
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MARCH 17, 2017
- Spring 2017: Participants must complete at least 20 hours of PENCIL’s pre-internship training before they can be considered for an internship.
- Training will take place in multiple rounds aligned with college and high school breaks. PENCIL will contact students with training information once they submit their internship application.
- Internships will be completed between July 3rd and August 18th.
PENCIL HAS PLACED OVER 1000 INTERNS AT PLACES LIKE:
Choose PENCIL as your internship provider