What’s your big idea that will be a force for change? Technology has the power to change the world. The Infy App Challenge asks students to become hands-on creators of new technology, as well as leaders and change-agents within their community.
Teams must register for the Infy App Challenge no later than February 15th. In addition to team member information, teams must submit a written description of their App idea including:
- A description of your identified issue and how it impacts your community. 250 words
- A description of your app and how your app is designed to address a cause or impact related to your chosen issue. 500 words
- Intended key features and functions
- Intended platform and language
- Click here to start your application
Please note: This opportunity is open to High School students only.
2020 TIMELINE & KEY DATES
February 15: Team Applications Due
February 26, 4:00-5:30pm: Kickoff at Infosys, teams are matched to their mentors
March (Date TBD), 4:00-5:30pm: Working Session at Infosys
April 29, 4:00-5:30pm: Demo Day and Working Session at Infosys
June 3, 3:00-5:30pm: Presentations and Awards Ceremony
FINAL PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
Each team will have the opportunity to demonstrate their app to Infosys panel of judges. Each team will have a 10 to 15 minutes to demonstrate their app. Presentations must address the following:
- A discussion of your identified issue and how your app address a cause or impact related to your chosen issue.
- An overview of your App including:
- A description of the Application’s key features and functionality
- at least one image (screenshot) of the working Application;
- the Application platform (iPad iOS, Mac Desktop, Windows Desktop, Web);
- A demonstration of your App. The Application must be able to be successfully installed and capable of running consistently as described on the platform for which it is intended.
- for web or mobile web Applications, a link to a website where the Application can be accessed free of charge;
- for iPad Applications, a ZIP file upload including a.ipa file provisioned with the UDID: iPad (iOS 5.0.1) e21acf963c60919f6f0aa23d42cef5f06e25ee2d; iPad (iOS 6.0.1) 6a2cb1d4ba2d242db1db48c59c91744cebfc68a9; and, if available, a link the Application on iTunes;
- for Mac or Windows desktop Applications, a ZiP file upload including appropriate installation files; and, if available, a link to a website or app store where the Application can be downloaded
All applications must be newly created for this competition.
Judges will select a winning app based upon:
- User Experience
- Functionality and Features
- Quality of the coding
- Potential for impact